20070524

Looking forward but moving sideways

Gnnnnhhhhhh!!!

I've spent a few moments collecting my thoughts and attempting to come up with the best combination of letters to show my feelings at this moment. This is what I ended up with.

I know where I want to get to but the route to take is obscured by so many blind corners, dead ends and even mirages that, well, you know, gnnnnhhhhhh!! Recruiters galore offer to find me a top job with top conditions but I don't trust these people any further than I could throw them. Considering the fact that I will probably never meet any of them, this really isn't that far. What I do know is that they make 1000 quid placing peeps like me wheresoever there is a gap to be filled. No, definitely not a great idea to trust people with such plain and obvious ulterior motives.

There is also the possibility of finding work with a school by direct contact. However, there remains the fact that you fly halfway around the world never having checked out the place you're going to be working and living in.

Well, there's just one option then, isn't there? Fly halfway around the world and find a job when I get there. That's how a real man would do it and so it shall be! Here's how it'll work: I'll buy an open-return, I'll fly, I'll find a job, I'll live happily ever after (or until I have to go home). Simple. There are massive upsides to this which are counterbalanced by just one little downside as far as I can see- it'll cost a little more in the short-term.

I've just realised this entry has been somewhat inconsistent in its direction. How brilliantly representative of my state of mind!

No comments: